Wednesday, August 1, 2012

All in a year


Past 1 year was quite a different experience; it was quite an exciting, enriching, arduous but interesting, journey for me. I had never had such a plethora of emotions in my life. From feeling on the top of the world to a cache of dump, I felt it the core.
Maybe when you get into your first Job and spend your very first year in the corporate offices, you begin to oblige life in a better way. Just fresh out of college where days started at 8 PM to now when you are supposed to be boarding your bus for office by 8 AM and get ready to move at 10 kmph in a city which is famous for its “daud bhag bhari jindagi”, I would rather say it moves at snail’s pace. Most of the newbie’s into the work life go through this phase when they realize that the education which they were ardently consuming is actually of rare use, and you find yourself no more in the coterie of  friends but in a clique of Janus faced people in office. But they will say this is ‘Life for you”.
My first year at L&T had been more of a PAN India tour where I met lot o friends on the way and yes got the real taste of India.Starting from my training at Chennai where I was with Rajul, Avin, Puneet, Ajay, Shweta and others. From getting beaten by Police at Marina Beach for going deep into the waves to the Idli kadai at Murugan, Anna Salai.
I then moved to Ahmadabad, Gujarat where Ishan, Shrey, Sanjeev, Ravi were already working for mighty Tata’s. From Khamand Dhokla to Dabeli there can be any amount of sugar in anything which Gujarati’s cook. If in Gujarat do not miss out on Katiyawadi food the Rootlas with Ghee Gud is the nearest I have been to GOD of food, which you could find at Kismat Dhaba in refinery area of baroda. And ow can I forget the day when trying to escape from rains inside a mall to find Katrina and Imran dancing to the music of Mere Brother Ki Dulhan to promote the movie. The closest I have been to any actress.
It was the turn of a small village named Pali near Jodhpur, Rajasthan. During the 15 days I spent there I got to know the life in a traditional Indian village. Women of the Villages wears old traditional cloths which are bright colored” Lehenga Choli” with traditional Jewellery and Married women covers half of the face with chunni. Women of Rajasthan Looks simply beautiful, they are true depiction of mother India (nation, not the movie).
 I visited Jodhpur where I met Jawalkar, and the hell of a ride which we had to make him reach the college 16 Km away in 10 minutes while it was raining and neither did we had a helmet nor a licence.
Udaipur - The Venice of east, where my didi jijaji lives along with the cutest girl in my life Cherry – my niece was a treat to visit. The city's palaces, havelis, temples sets it apart from the rest.
Then came Mumbai in my life, Mumbai is a phenomenon which happens to you. My  buddies from MANIT Manish, Ankit,  Rohit, Rituraj, Tanuj, siddharth and Anukrati were already here to welcome me, with whom I spent my very first weekend night at Nariman Point. Its not wrong to say that you start dreaming big in Mumbai after all everything is grand out here. From celebrating Ganpati festival to steering through the Mumbai Monsoon, from eating pani puri at Chowpatty to the tipsy nights at Discs and Pubs, it was an overwhelming journey. meeting seniors from Drishtant Naveen(always ready for a treat) and Sachit Mumbai main raho aur Lonavala  ja kar chikki na khao to maja hi kya hai life ka.
Meeting Sarpass Trek buddies kapil and Mandeep  after exactly an year was awesome.And the weeekend in Pune with Rahul and Mohit was great.
Meeting those friends with whom you spent every day at hostel after almost 6 months at convocation is something to be felt and not written down.And the surprise visit for Manish's Bday to Bhopal alongwith Nitin Harsh and Aditi was a refreshing one.
Thanks to everyone who were a part of this extravaganza.
Love you all.
PS: This is My first Note for that matter anything more then 500 words I have written other than the stories in the answer sheets.
Hope this helps you to taste India better. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment